A moderate Congress leader and member of the Congress Committee to enquire into...
- The phenomenon due to which a ray of light, while traveling from optically denser medium to optically rarer medium, gets reflected into optically denser medium, at the surface of separation.
- For total internal reflection:
(i) rays of light must travel from optically denser medium to optically rarer medium
(ii) the angle of incidence in optically denser medium, must be greater than critical angle.
- Angle of incidence in a denser in a denser medium for which angle of refraction in rarer medium is 90 degree is called critical angle.
- The critical angle for water is 48 degree
- The critical angle for glass is 42 degree.