Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- Assessment of land revenue was based on measurement.
- The kathi of Ambar was adopted as the unit of measurement.
- Share of the state was fixed at two fifths of the gross produce.
- Chauth was one-forth of the land revenue paid to the Marathas so as not be subjected to Maratha raids.
- Sardeshmukhi was an additional levy of 10 percent on those lands of Maharashtra over which the Marthas claimed hereditary rights, but which formed part of the Mughal Empire.