A moderate Congress leader and member of the Congress Committee to enquire into...
- The heat energy which is emitted by a bot body is known as the radiant heat. All bodies emit heat radiations except when the temperature of the body is zero kelvin. Radiant heat is propagated from one place to another in the form of electromagnetic waves.
- When the radiant heat energy carried by electromagnetic waves falls on matter, it is either transmitted, reflected or absorbed.
- The polished and shining surfaces have high reflecting powers, while the bodies having dull and rough surface have high absorbing powers.
- A perfectly black body is defined as that body which absorbs 100 percent radiations falling on it.
- The emissive power of a radiating body largely depends on the temperature of the radiating surface, and on the nature of the surface.