Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- His earlier Plan Balkan was abandoned for the 3rd June Plan.
- The Plan declared that power would be handed over by 15 August 1947 on the basis of dominion status to India and Pakistan.
- Mountbatten supported the Congress stand that the princely states must not be given the option of independence. They would either join India or Pakistan.
- Boundary commission was to be headed by Radcliffe and the award was to be announced after Republic Day.
- Punjab and Bengal legislative Assemblies would meet in two groups, Hindus and Muslims to vote for partition.
- If a simple majority of either group voted for partition, then these provinces would be partitioned.
- In case of partition, two dominions and two constituent assemblies would be created.