Article 54: The President of India is elected by an Electoral College and...
- Abolished of Title and Pensions
- Widow Remarriage Act -1856
- Introduced Doctrine of Lapse.
- Captured Satra in 1848
- Captured Jaipur and Sambhalpur in 1849
- Captured Bagahat in 1850
- Captured Udaipur in 1852
- Captured Jhansi in 1853
- Captured Nagpur in 1854
- Fought the Anglo Sikh War and annexed the whole of the Punjab
- Second Burmese War 1852 and annexation of Lower Burma or Pegu
- Annexation of Berar in 1853
- Annexation of Oudh in 1856
- Introduced the system of Centralised control in the newly acquired territories known as Bon-Regulation system.
- Raised Gurkha regiments.
- Recommended the Thomsonian systme of Vernacular education for whole of the Northwestern provinces (1853)
- Wood’s Educational Despatch of 1884 and opening of Anglo-Vernacular Schools and Government Colleges.
- Universities were to be set up at Calcutta, Bombay and Madras.
- An engineering college was established at Roorkee.
- Started the first railway line in 1853, connecting Bombay with Thana was laid down.
- Started electric telegraph service. Laid the basis of the modern postal system.
- Established a separate public works departments was set up for the first time.
- Started work on the Grand Trunk Road and developed the harbours of Karachi, Bombay and Calcutta.