Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- He was the Aryan warlord and also controlled the weather.
- Has been called Purandhar of destroyer of forts.
- He was the proverbial rain god (prajanya), responsible for causing rainfall.
- 250 hymns are attributed to Indra.
- He was associated with thunder and storm and bore the thunderbolt (Vajra), with which he destroyed his enemies.
- He has been addressed by various names-Ratheshtha, Jitendra, Somapa, Purandra, Vritrahan and Maghayan.