Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- The Japanese after defeating the British in South East Asia, took a number of Indian soldier as prisoners of war eg Captain Mohan Singh. In March 1942 a conference of Indians was held in Tokyo, and they formed the Indian Independence League. At the Bangkok Conference (June, 1942) Rashbehari Bose was elected President of the League. INA was formed by Mohan Singh.
- Subhash Chandra Bose had escaped to Berlin in 1941 and setup Indian Legion there. In July 1943, he joined the INA at Singapore. There Rashbehari Bose handed over the leadership to him.
- Azad Hind Government and the Indian National Army was formed on 21 October 1943.
- INA had three fighting brigades named after Gandhi, Azad and Nehru. Rani Jhansi Brigade was an exclusive Women Force.
- After Germany surrendered in May 1945, INA was also decisively defeated.
- PK Sehgal, Shah Nawaz and Gurbaksh Singh Dhillon were put on trial at the Red Fort.
- Bhulabhai Desai, Tejbahadur Sapru and Nehru appeared for the defence and the Muslim League also joined the country wide protest.
- 12th November 1945 was celebrated as the INA day.