Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- This Act did not lay down any provision for the administration of India.
- Partition of India and the establishment of two dominions of India and Pakistan.
- Constituent Assembly of each Dominion would have unlimited powers to frame and adopt any constitution.
- The Suzerainty of the crown over Indian states was terminated.
- The office of the Secretary of State for India was to be abolished and his work was to be taken over by the Secretary to State for Commonwealth Affairs.