Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- Known as Minto-Morely Act
- Morley was the secretary of state, while Minto was the Indian Viceroy.
- Additional members in central legislative assembly were increased to 60.
- Introduced for the first time indirect elections to the Legislative Councils.
- Separate electorates was introduced for the Muslims.
- 27 non-official seats were to be filled in by elections. They were distributed as follows.
– By non-official members of the Provincial Legislative councils.
– By landhorders of six provinces.
– By Muslims of 5 provinces
– Alternately by Muslim land holders of UP/Bengal Chambers of commerce of Calcutta and Bombay.
– Muslims were to be elected by separate electorates
- Resolutions could be moved before the budget was taken in its final form. Supplementary questions could be asked.