Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- Policy of Association of Indians in legislation started.
- A fifth member who was to be a jurist, was added to the Viceroy’s executive council.
- For legislation, executive Council of Viceroy was enlarged by 6 to 12 members composed of half non-officials members. Thus foundations of Indian legislature were laid down.
- Legislative powers of the Presidency Government deprived in 1833 were restored.
- Viceroy could issue ordinances in case of emergency.