Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- Rule of Company in India ended and that of the Crown began.
- System of double Government ended. Court of Directors and Broad of Control abolished.
- Secretary of State (a member of the British Cabinet) for India was created. He was assisted by a 15 member council. He was to exercise the powers of the Crown.
- Secretary of State governed India through the Governor General.
- Governor General was to be called the Viceroy and was the direct representative of the Crown in India.
- A unitary and highly centralised administrative structure was created.