Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- The process of electrification is the one in which the electrons are transferred from one body to another.
- A material which has a large number of free electrons capable of unimpeded motion throughout the material can readily transmit the electric charge, hence it is called a conductor, eg, silver, copper etc
- A material which has a few free electrons, because even their outermost electrons are firmly bound to their atoms, is not able to transmit electric charge readily, it is called an insulator, eg, quartz, amber, glass etc
- Static electricity tends to stay where it is produced and does not flow through wires.
- Static electricity can only be generated in insulators.
- The lightning rod intercept the cloud discharges before it reaches the threatened building and passes the current harmlessly to the ground.
- An electric current is defined as an electric charge in motion. The unit of current is ampere and it is measured with the help of an instrument known as ammeter.