Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- End of company’s trade monopoly even in tea and with China. Company was asked to close its business at the earliest.
- Governor-General of Bengal to be Governor-General of India.
- Ist Governor General of India- Lord William Bentick.
- Government of Madras and Bombay deprived of legislative powers.
- A fourth member, law member, added to council of Governor-General.
- Government Service was thrown open to the people of India.
- All laws made by Governor General in council henceforth to be known as Acts and not regulations.