Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
- An instance of Anglo French Rivalry
- Firt (1746-48). The French besieged Madras. At St Thome battle the Nawab of Carnatic’s army was defeated by French under Dupliex.
- Treaty of Aix-La-Chapelle (1748) ended the War of Austrian Succession.
- Second War (1749-54). Dupleix aligned with Muzaffar Jung (Hyderabad) and Chanda Sahib (Carnatic).
- After initial victories, Robert Clive emerged victorious.
- Third War (1758-63) French, Count de Lally captured ‘Fort St David’
- French were defeated at Wandiwash (1760)
- Pondichery was returned to French by Treaty of Paris.