A virtual SEZ is one where export oriented units (EOUs) can avail of benefits...
- First war (1766-69). Haider Ali defeated the British. Treaty of Madras signed.
- Second war (1780-84). Warren Hastings attacked French port Mahe, which was in Hyder Ali’s territory.
- Hyder Ali led a joint front with Nizam and Marathas and captured Arcot.
- In 1781, Hyder Ali was defeated at Porto Novo by Eyre Coot.
- Treaty of Mangalore (1784) signed by Tipu Sultan.
- Third War (1789-92). Marathas and Nizam aided the British, Cornwallis captured Bangalore. By Treaty of Seringapatanam, Tipu ceded half of his territories.
- Fourth War (1799). Lord Wellesley attacked and Tipu died.