Lala Lajpath Rai along with Madan Mohan Malavya founded the Nationalist Party
Charter Act of 1833
- The first faint beginning of Constitution making during the British rule in India is to be found in this Act.
- It made the Governor General of Bengal as the Governor general of India. All civil and military powers were vested in him.
- The Governor- General’s Government was known as the “Government of India” and his Council as the “Indian Council”.
- The Act introduced centralizaton in legislative spheres also.
- The Act also ended the activities of the East India Company as a commercial body.